Ps 115 For centuries men have asked: Where is God? Yet we need to ask: how often are our eyes focused inward and not upward? The psalmist begins by saying that it is not to us, but the Lord, we are to bring honor and praise. When you think about the name of the Lord, what comes to mind?
- Ex 15:3 He is a warrior, and the Lord is His Name
- Psalm 68:4 the one who rides on the clouds, the Lord is His Name
- Ex 17:15 Moses built an altar, and he called it “The Lord is my Banner.”
- Gen 22:14 And Abraham called the name of that place, “The Lord provides.”
- Acts 4:12 there is no other name under heaven given among people by which we must be saved.
We revere and call upon His Name, His lovingkindness, and faithfulness (which is new every morning). The world asks, “Where is God?” Men asked Jesus that question on the cross. They scoff and sneer, but God is where God has always been—in heaven where the scoffers will never set foot. It is there that those who revere and fear Him will find their place of refuge. It is where He who holds the universe in the palm of His hand sits undisturbed, his throne unshaken, and his purposes unchanged. it is there that He hears our cries and our prayers.
Where is God? He is in heaven where He has always been. Do you know Him?