For the last few days we have been reading through the book of Galatians which priovides marvelous practical thoughts from the Apostle Paul on what true justification and righteousness is. Today’s reading is from Galatians 4:
As we read Galatians 4 we are struck with not only how incredible our salvation is but the price that was paid to secure it. We are humbled and awestruck…there is no other way to say it.
Note Paul’s progressive argument:
- We were enslaved by our guardians (meaning the world system)
- God’s perfect timing came about – implication: God is in control of history’s calendar events
- God sent His One and Only Beloved Son (Matt 3:17)
- Son born of a woman (virgin birth Luke 1)
- Son born under the Law …He fulfilled it (Matt 5:17)
- The purpose: to redeem mankind who were in bondage to the Law (Eph 2:1-3)
- The reason: that we may as Gentiles be adopted as pure and legitimate sons with all of the rights and privileges thereof.
- The gift of the Holy Spirit is given as a seal of our inheritance (2Cor 1:22)
- Now we know (as a fact or truth) God and are known (so thoroughly that nothing goes unnoticed) by God
Think of this argument! Incredibly clear, incredibly profound, incredibly humbling…there are few words to express our gratitude when we read and understand Paul’s argument. We are saved by His grace once and for all eternity. Give Him praise this day as you worship Him.
There is no other way around this but to say, THANK YOU FATHER!
You can follow these discussions each and every day here: https://www.facebook.com/bible.org
Tomorrow the discussion will be on Galatians 5. You don’t want to miss it!